I bought Jamestown through the Humble indie bundle. This is a nice game, but a bit too short, so even if I really don’t like DLC, I bought the Gunpowder Plot.
However, I did not payed attention and even if the game is cross-platform, the DLC is only available on Windows. So I installed it in a VM and looked at the extracted data : they look exactly like on GNU/Linux. I copied the DLC’s folder to a GNU/Linux install of Jamestown and it worked.
Here are the instructions:
- Get the same version of Jamestown under GNU/Linux and Windows
- Install the Windows version
- Install the Gunpowder, Treason, & Plot DLC
- Go to INSTALL_DIR/Archives and copy DLC_GunpowderPlot
- Go to your GNU/Linux machine and install Jamestown
- Copy DLC_GunpowderPlot in INSTALL_DIR/Archives
- Of course, check that you have enough rights on the folder
When you start the game, you will now notice that the DLC is installed.